Monday, May 3, 2010

The Split . . .

Since I started this blog, I always knew I wanted to start a second one dedicated to writing. I visited lots of other writing blogs, debated the format with my husband, imagined the design and topics, and finally pushed it off, worried I'd have nothing of import to say. I kept waiting for inspiration . . .


and I finally got it: If I wait until inspiration strikes, I'll never do it. 

Sigh. Not exactly what I'd hoped for, but there we are, nevertheless.


So I'm taking the plunge. Dedicating this blog to writing, and creating a new blog to keep my family and friends updated on my wildly exciting life as a wife and mother. (If I say it enough times, surely it will be true. Right?) You can link to it here.

I know, I can hear the groan . . . why not create a new one for writing, thus sparing many of you the pain of changing bookmarks and blog links, etc. But it's selfish really. This way, I'll already have a few followers to build from. :) 

If you don't already follow me, feel free to join! And as a heads up, to celebrate the kick-off of my writing blog, I will host a writerly give-away on the next post. Woo hoo! Free stuff!


Thank you to all of my current followers, to all you other bloggers, my family, and all my friends who have been such a support and inspiration in this crazy dream I have of getting published.

12 comments:

Lydia Kang said...

That's wonderful *clapping*
Good luck on the new switcheroo (kinda)
:)

Carolina M. Valdez Schneider said...

3 cheers for taking the plunge!! Sometimes, we have to search for inspiration. *pats Janet on the back* Way to go, m'dear. Seek and ye shall find.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following! I hope you enjoy it. Looking forward to getting to know you.

Caroline Starr Rose said...

Thanks for stopping by today!

I just have to tell you I used to teach at Robert Frost in Fairfax, and I love A SEPARATE PEACE and THE COUNT OF MONTE CRISTO.

Jackee said...

Cool! Congrats on the split. I have done that too and it feels great to have separate places.

Thanks for finding my blog so that I could find yours!

Janna Leadbetter said...

Fun, Janet! Best with the change.

And thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

Christina Lee said...

GOOD for you!!

Stephanie Thornton said...

Yay! Nice job jumping in to the world of writerly blogging!

betsey said...

Go Janet, Go!

thepainterfamily said...

awesome!

For as long as I've been blogging, you'd think I'd know what "following" meant. Sadly, I do not. But I do use google reader...does that count? Is it the same idea?

Anyway, I'm excited to keep up with BOTH of your blogs!

Janet Johnson said...

Thanks everyone for the encouragement! I'm totally loving the writing blogosphere. So much support. :)

Angela McCallister said...

It does get a little difficult to mix crowds. Most of my friends/family are non-writers and give me the ???? when I post writerly bits. I'm debating whether to switch from Wordpress to Blogger because I can't have Google Friend Connect on Wordpress. Most people don't want to sign up for email updates.

Melanie said...

Way to go, babe! I think you're absolutely right, and am impressed with your bravery : ) I can't believe I haven't been on EITHER of your blogs in so long--you are such a better blogger than I! I'll try to catch up . . . : ) Good luck with the writerly stuff--I love following you even if I don't "get" it all!

loves!