Pen and Paper
I will be defending the archaic Pen and Paper. Now I know we all have to eventually use a computer to type in our pages. I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about when you need to sit and write. You need to simply get words down on paper. And I am going to convince you with the TOP TEN REASONS for choosing Pen and Paper, David Letterman style.
Reason #10: No internet to distract you.
Reason #9: No blogs to distract you.
Reason #8: No e-mail to distract you.
Reason #7: Saves electricity.
Reason #6: Pen and Paper is lightweight and travels easily.
Reason #5: You have a hard copy of your work if your computer dies. (!!!)
Reason #4: The smell of paper is a sentient reminder of the goal of being published.
Reason #3: Builds two talents at once: 1) writing and 2) penmanship.
Reason #2: Builds the calluses on your hand which builds your Street Cred as a writer.
And the #1 reason to use Pen and Paper?: When you don't like your work, it's SO much more satisfying to crumple up your paper than to simply hit delete.
Now that you're all convinced, go check out Vicki's side of things, but be sure to vote on both blogs! And don't forget, you have until midnight on April 2 to vote on any of our brawls.
And if you're just joining us, here are the rules for our Brawl 'n Haul contest. For a longer explanation and the posting schedule for the contest, click here.
- You must be a follower of both blogs
- When you comment, let us know if you prefer Grand Prize #1 - 10-page critique by Sarah LaPolla (Note: your ten pages must be for a YA or Adult work) or Grand Prize #2 - A Prize-filled Gift Basket
- You can earn 5 bonus entries for the grand prize by spreading the word in any way shape or form (twitter, blogs, facebook, sidebar, etc.). Just let us know!
- This is open internationally! Woo hoo!
- Contest Closes Saturday 2 April at midnight EST. All winners will be announced Monday, 4 April