Thursday, July 14, 2011

Hardness is Good

Sorry I missed Monday, but I underestimated the fatigue factor of jet lag. Definitely still recovering here.

So with a promise for something exciting come Monday, here's a quote from A League of Their Own:

"If it weren't hard, everyone would do it. It's the hard that makes baseball great." - Jimmy Dougan (Tom Hanks)

Of course, you can swap out baseball for whatever hard thing you're working at and the idea still holds true. If you can't guess, I replace it with "writing." If it all came too easily, I don't think I'd appreciate the craft of writing as much as I do. And I certainly wouldn't appreciate any success I may have.

So I'm glad that writing is hard! (Though I can't believe I just put that in writing.)

How about you? What would you swap in for "baseball"?

8 comments:

LTM said...

well, landing a publishing deal, of course. :D So where have you been??? I'm just getting back myself, and talk about the fatigue factor of moving. It's insane. But yay! Getting back into the swing~ :o) <3

Margo Berendsen said...

YEs, I'd put writing in there, too. And life!!! Life is hard (growing up I don't know why but I assumed life got easier, not harder!!!) but I am learning how to appreciate that aspect of it. We wouldn't learn to look past ourselves, otherwise. Oh dear, getting deep :)

Beth said...

Writing and parenting. Both difficult, and both great.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

It's the difficult stuff that's worth it, I think. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I'd put writing in there too. Although I wish submitting was easier...

Along These Lines ... said...

How about "cement" ?

Anonymous said...

I'd put writing or dieting in place of baseball.

Just recently watched A League of Their Own. Good movie! Great quote!

Elizabeth Varadan, Author said...

Writing, yes. And heating published, for sure. How about getting an agent. It's all hard, but certainly worth the effort.