Tuesday, July 19, 2022

26 Days of Facing the Chicken Exit: DAYS 11 - 14

Today, we continue the countdown to the release of my upcoming picture book, BRAVER THAN BRAVE, illustrated by Eunji Jungand published by Capstone Editions, a Capstone Imprint. I present Days 11-14 of 26 Days of Facing the Chicken Exit!

DAY 11: Sharon Giltrow, author of BEDTIME, DADDY! 

"I thought 'The Little Mermaid' roller coaster at Disneyland Tokyo would be doable. I lined up with my then 9-year old daughter and I inched to the front of the line. I said to myself "I am a 43 year old woman, I don't have to do anything I don't want to do." So I bravely turned left and took the chicken exit."

A white woman with dark hair in a dark, flower-print shirt sits in a doorway with a rollercoaster in the background. Above the doorway is a sign that says "Chicken Exit."

DAY 12: PB Character

Chicken Frank in CHICKEN FRANK, DINOSAUR had to push past the doubters and naysayers in order to finally win understanding and support from his friends for the theory of evolution and his connections to dinosaurs. Along the way he also learned something new himself.

~by S.K. Wenger & art by Jojo Ensslin

An illustrated chicken stands in front of a real life doorway with a rollercoaster in the background. Over the door is a sign that says "Chicken Exit"


DAY 13: Wendy MacKnight, author of THE FRAME-UP 

"I was 9 years old, the last kid on my street to ride a bike because I was scared of falling. “Enough,” I said finally, staring down the slight incline at the top of my street. It took five tries, a few falls, but I did it - total bike boss, chicken no more!"

A white woman with red hair in a green coat and black dress stands in a doorway with a rollercoaster in the background. Above the doorway is a sign that says "Chicken Exit."

DAY 14: Fort Builders, Inc. Team

The Fort Builders team faced their chicken exit when all their hard work was destroyed and they had to decide whether to give up or find a way to make it work!

~by Dee Romito, art by Marta Kissi

four illustrated children stand in front of a real doorway. In the background is a rollercoaster. Above the door is a sign that says "Chicken Exit."


In celebration of the upcoming release of BRAVER THAN BRAVE, I've got two giveaways going on right now. One on Twitter, which you can enter HERE. And one on Instagram, which you can enter HERE. They both open through July 23rd, and they are both open to wherever Book Depository delivers. Good luck!

Check out other days of Facing the Chicken Exit:

DAY 1: The Legend of the Chicken Exit

DAYS 2-4

DAYS 5-7

DAYS 8-10

No comments: