I so wish this was me. But alas, not to worry, I think most things in this world can be learned. So here are my 5 easy rules for being Mr./Ms. Bestower-of-Confidence (based on observation, of course):
- Smile. But not just with your mouth, and even beyond your eyes. Find your happy place and keep it at the front of your thoughts.
- Give compliments. The catch is they have to be sincere. None of that "I love your hair" crap, when you're really thinking "What were they thinking?"
- Don't give too many compliments. Then you just sound fake.
- Ask questions. About them. There's a catch to this one, too. You have to listen to the answer. Not just with your ears, but with your whole body. Then ask follow-up questions. And yup, you guessed it, just keep listening.
- Enjoy life. Have fun. And I don't mean the go-out-and-get-drunk variety. Look at kids, they recklessly dance to the music at the end of a movie without fear of looking silly. They get excited because they see two school buses in the same place. They laugh at the sheer pleasure of running as fast as they can. They don't worry about getting chocolate on their noses, they just enjoy.