Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Maestro London

Growing up, we had a rule: when you turn 5, you start piano lessons. So what a slacker am I . . . London was already 6 and I hadn't started him on lessons yet. I wanted to wait till we could afford to have someone else teach him, but that could be years.

Sooo, I took the plunge a few weeks ago and London is doing great! I think his favorite part is getting to put the stickers on the pages he's passed off. My favorite part is playing duets with my child. If I'd known how awesome that felt, I would have started him a long time ago!



Now, don't get me wrong, we have our moments . . . "But Mom! I don't want to practice! I want to play!" We get the flopping to the floor and the literal dragging himself to the piano. But when he played a piece over the phone for grandma and grandpa, he had a mighty proud look on his face. And when daddy gets home, he's pretty quick to offer to play his piano piece. All in all, I'm one proud mama. :D