Monday, April 20, 2020

Permission to Be

My kids pre-coronavirus, ready to take on the world
I have fallen off the earth, it seems. Like the rest of the world, I've been adjusting to a new life where my kids are on the computers all day attending zoom classes and doing homework in virtual classrooms. Posting on my blog has dropped in priority. However, I'm beginning to think we need another computer, because I really miss my writing time! (Actually, I'm making 10-yo late for her class which starts in two minutes, so I guess this will be short.) 😬

For many, this has been a great time to hunker down and write. For others it has been a time of anxiety and fear, and zero writing is getting done. For even others, it's a time of adjusting schedules and finding a way to get in writing again (like me!). Times like these can mean a lot of guilt for some. Guilt for escaping from the realities of life. Guilt for NOT escaping from the realities of life. Guilt for having time and ability to write when others don't. Guilt for not writing when you feel like you should. So. Much. Guilt.

I can't be productive in any way with guilt, so I gave myself permission to take a break. If I write, great! If I don't write, well that's great, too. Right now, my focus is on my kids. Helping them cope in a time that is pretty stressful. They worry about school. They worry about friends. They worry about the world. They worry about their dad who still goes in to work everyday in a high risk environment (he's a physician). I perhaps can't fix the world right now, but I can make my home a little spot of peace for my kids. Give them some stability in a world that seems to have very little of that.

I hope that you will all give yourself permission to be the person you need/want to be right now. No guilt. We're all doing our best. Big hugs, and stay safe!

3 comments:

Bathwater said...

What I wouldn't give to visit a Lego store about now!

Jasa Fotocopy Murah 24 Jam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Percetakan Murah Rawamangun Jakarta said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.