Monday, May 13, 2013

In Which We Eat Ice Cream

We did it.

We came.

We saw.
We got on Skype at the same time (even though Amy's mic was broken so I had to talk to her on the phone).

We even had the same kind of ice cream.

And our nine-year-old boys STUFFED OUR FACES. (Mine may have enjoyed it a little too much. If you listen closely, you can hear him cry with wicked glee, "This is the most amazing day of my life!" Uh huh.)

Here's my video evidence of the grand competition.


But we have a little problem. Amy and I are in grave disagreement about who won. Amy says I ate the most ice cream. I say she ate the most ice cream. We need your help.

Who ate the most? Watch Amy's video here to decide and leave a comment on one of our blogs. We'll add up the votes and make our decision on Wednesday. Then we'll announce the ULTIMATE WINNER of our blog competition next Monday (find out what the awesome prizes are here).

And one last congrats to all our friends! You KNOW we love you after seeing these videos, right? ;)

P.S. I sense questions coming over the little cutie trying to get in on the ice cream eating action. Her arm, you ask? Yup, it's newly broken. But it's just a hairline fracture, and she's a trooper. She's more upset by the splint than the break. She'll be back to good health before you can blink. :)

9 comments:

Stina said...

I have yet to use skype. But I did talk to my CP for the first time on the phone a few months ago. We were nervous at first but it was a lot of fun.

Oh, you're definitely the winner, Janet. :D

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I think you're the winner, too. You took much bigger bites than I did!!

Old Kitty said...

Oh wow!! You both win!! And your kids too!! And the ice cream! Yes, the ice cream won! LOL!!

Take care
x

Melissa Sarno said...

Whoa this is a tough call! Everybody wins! Because everybody got to have ice cream! I think you took larger spoonfuls but Amy took more spoonfuls. It's just too close! Love you both : )

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

OMG! This IS a tough call! Amy ate MORE bites, but they were smaller. You ate fewer bigger bites. She had a wider, shallower hole in her tub, yours was deeper. Truly. It is very very close. But I have to vote for you :)

Anonymous said...

I think a close up of your ice cream container would have made it easier to compare. I'm thinking it was too close to call. : )

Theresa Milstein said...

How can anyone lose in a game of ice cream? Lots of fun!

Margo Berendsen said...

"THe most amazing day of my life" - love it!!!! I should try this with my kids. What a fun home video it would be :)

Taffy said...

Both are winners for thinking up this awesomesauce contest! :)