Monday, August 20, 2012

License Plate Revealed & Hacky Sack News

 So it has come to my attention that very few people got last week's license plate.

HMR TIM

My heart is saddened.

Dun, dun, dun, dun . . . dun, dun . . . dun, dun. CAN'T TOUCH THIS. Dun, dun, dun, dun . . . dun, dun . . . dun, dun. HAMMER TIME!

If you are not now singing in your head, then I'm afraid you must have missed the epicness that was MC Hammer. All my sympathy. ;)

And just because I love license plates, here's another challenge for you: SHKITOF

Now, the announcement you would have all been waiting for had you known about it:

The Hacky Sack Club is back with a new (optional) challenge! And this one is even more embarrassing. Like, I'm already blushing, and the thing isn't even MADE yet.

Amy Sonnichsen (gosh I love her) and I have committed ourselves to the Hacky Sack Club's

Ethnic Musical Challenge!

Yes, you read that right. We're taking this thing to new heights of embarrassment. We'll be posting videos of ourselves doing something ethnically musical on Monday, August 27th. And no, you really don't want to miss this.

If you'd like to join us, let one of us know. Then when you post your video, also let us know so we can let all our followers know (so everyone can visit your blog and join in the mirth). I know you're all dying to take part!

Just remember, we're not laughing AT you, we're laughing WITH you!

For the record, I'm an NOT doing this because I lost a bet (this time). We at the Hacky Sack Club simply believe that life is too short to waste being normal all the time.

We also believe that part of a fun community is breaking down barriers and being silly every once and awhile.

If you have already joined the Hacky Sack Club, you do not need to take part in this activity, but we'd love it if you did. And anyone else who is not already a member, we will still send you a hacky sack in the mail when you join. Yay!

That is all. No stress. No hacky sacking required. Visit our Hacky Sack Walls of Fame Shame (Amy's and mine) for more details. 

So if you were going to join us, what ethnic music would you feature? 

12 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Janet .. I'd have not got Hammertime and still don't know! As to the next one .. something to do with flour .. now as to putting a video in front of me - and having me sing .. just is simply not even on the planetary coil of ideas - so .. enjoy yourselves ... and have fun - cheers Hilary

Old Kitty said...

I want to say Shakira for the other number plate puzzle but that doesn't count for the other letters! LOL!!!!

Erm.. ethnic songs? Erm.. yodelling? That;s ethnic right!?!?

Take care
x

Slamdunk said...

Oh gosh the Hacky Sack club sounds too funny. How about La Bamba? haha...

Anonymous said...

Oh, I must have missed your last license plate post. : (

For this new license plate challenge, I'm guessing that it is:
SHAKE IT OFF

Hacky Sack Club is back? Cool!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

I cannot wait. Especially for your video because I am a HUGE FAN. *wink*

Emily R. King said...

I'd like to see some Spanish music that gets my heart pumpin'! :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

My guess is shake it off... but I admit my son helped :) As for your ethnic music challenge WOWEE! I cannot wait to see that! If I had any idea how to video myself doing something (which I certainly don't intend to learn how to do before August 27th because not knowing saves me having to be ethnically musical) I would join in... maybe some heavy metal polka would be nice. Ah, if only I played the accordion... :)

Beth said...

You know how to make your readers anticipate your next post....

I will not be participating, but if I were, I'd probably choose a Scottish song, in which my singing could be conveniently drowned out by bagpipes in the background. You'd be grateful for those bagpipes if you knew how I sang.

Hope everything is okay with that change you told us about last week.

LTM said...

I was not consulted re: this new humiliation. Also, I seem to have lost my hacky sack!!!! My children have run off w/my HS!

So when you say "ethnic music," what exactly do you mean? :D

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

I adore Amy too...

Good luck with your challenge on Monday. No one would want to hear me sing.

Lydia Kang said...

I'm gonna kill you for havinng that MC Hammer song in my head now. !!!

Luckily for the masses, I have a video/vlog phobia!

Stina said...

Oh, I would have totally got that license plate if I haven't been on vacation and missed the post. :D

(Okay, maybe not!)

I broke my little toe, so no hacky sack for me. Can't wait to see what you two are up to now.