But here are some things I'm glad I didn't know:
- That I would rewrite that first chapter seventy or so times.
- That after rewriting that first chapter seventy or so times, I still wouldn't like it.
- That ~~ years later, I still wouldn't be published.
- That rejection letters never stop hurting.
- That I'd look back at that first book and blush at how horrible it was.
- That when your own mother doesn't like your book, it's a bad sign.
- That my writing habit would attempt a coup on my life. ;)
- That my siblings wouldn't appreciate being featured in my books.
So what are you glad you didn't know when you started?