- I once dressed up as a piece of gum on the bottom of a shoe for Halloween. My roommate and I had matching outfits: pink sweats with a sneaker-shaped slipper for a hat.
- I played soccer on my high school soccer team. All three years. SO much fun.
- When I was two, I fell out of a second story window and walked away without a scratch. I CRIED like a banshee, but otherwise, fine. (And I better not hear any "THAT explains it!" comments.)
- My thumbs are double-jointed. Pretty cool, eh?
- I hate chili. Like a lot. Sorry to all my Texan friends, but I think this disqualifies me from ever living near you.
First, Shallee McArthur at Life, the Universe, and Writing. I recently found her blog and have been loving the open friendliness I can feel shining through her writing. Go visit. You won't be disappointed.
Next, Terri Tiffany Inspirational Writer. I'm always so impressed every time I visit. Her words really are inspirational and uplifting. Her title fits just perfectly. And she gives some pretty awesome advice, too.
Jemi Fraser at Just Jemi. You should see the buckets of awards she recently got. And all deserved. She isn't afraid to share her frustrations, and she's everywhere with her upbeat comments. Who couldn't help but love Jemi?
Missed Periods and Other Grammar Scares. This is who you WISH you had as your English instructor. She is hilarious! Under her tutelage, grammar is no longer scary. It is fun. I see the doubt in your eye, but seriously. You want a laugh? Go visit.
Finally, with two days from his birthday, how could I not include Lenny Lee at Lenny's World? A little spot of sunshine and happiness that is incredibly infectious. His posts and comments always, always, always make me smile.
Honestly, I could give you all awards. It was really hard to choose just 5. But thank you so much for being my friend and visiting my humble little blog, and thinking what I write is worth reading. I don't know how I made it so long as a writer without the support of the amazing writing blogosphere (that's you).