Monday, July 27, 2009

Thoughts on Peer Pressure and Caves

So yes, after years of resisting, I have caved. I have started a blog.

It's not that I dislike blogs, of course, or even the idea of blogging, but rather a question of where my time is best spent. Do I clean the house (not if I can at all justify otherwise), play with my children (and frustrate them by my inability to make believable weapon sounds with my mouth), work on my book (that is running through my head anyway), call someone I haven't spoken to in ages (but how to choose among so many?), play solitaire on the computer (which really isn't an option, but sounded funny), finish unpacking (so many boxes, so little time), or do I bag it all and start a blog?

I'm sure you can see my dilemma.

However, after weighing my options, and considering the sound advice of several friends, I have come to the conclusion that maybe, just maybe, a blog is not a time vaccuum, but a way to keep friends and family informed on my life. Then, I can let go of the guilt for not contacting them all more often, and accomplish more (like mastering the art of making shooting sounds with your mouth).

Only time will tell (no pun intended). ;)

7 comments:

Victoria Dixon said...

Woo Hoo! I was YOUR FIRST! Okay, I enjoyed reading both your blog and your about me. It's much more readable than mine, I must say. If you're interested, you can check me out at http://ronempress.blogspot.com. I do have a nice collection of blogs and sites I follow at least. :) In the meanwhile, "WHOOSH!" (I'm practicing.) "Whoosh!"

Jorgensen Family Blog said...

Welcome to the blogging world :) I think Both Blogs and Facebook can take up all of your time if you'll let them. But I like getting on, and keeping in touch with all of those old friends, that like you said, you just don't have time to contact one on one. Happy Blogging!

Kimflew said...

Well hello and welcome to blogging, though I am quite a novice at it too. I had to start several for my educational technology class, so I started one for Geometry, French and something else, though I am neglegent and haven't updated any in weeks. I'm hoping to use them in my classes as a parent/student information site, but the legalities are a bugger to try and work around. I think I can do it though. We'll see. It was fun to read your blogs and I look forward to reading your future posts. Love ya!

Rob and Tiff said...

Well welcome to the blogging world. I can't wait to see what fun adventures we get to have through you and your stories.

MikeS said...

I hate blogging too. My blog hasn't been updated in a while.

Anonymous said...

The Gimbel family jumped on the blog bandwagon nearly three years ago (Karl also did it as a requirement for a class), and we have LOVED it! It's called the Gimbel Family Forum, and can be accessed on blogger.com. We welcome visitors too, (Mike S. has visited us--we love it!), and it's always fun to see what's going on with people you love!

I am adding your address to my list of blogs to check!

Love,
Aunt Claudia

Michelle said...

We are so glad you started a blog. We will enjoy keeping up with what's going on in your lives. I am sorry about your day at the library, but I am glad that Miconell is not the only one that does that.