Thursday, January 12, 2012

IM AWSME

Over the past week, I've seen this license plate twice:

IM AWSME

I laughed when I first saw it. "Some's not lacking for confidence," I thought. But the more I think about it, the more I love it.

Because why shouldn't we all think that of ourselves? Why shouldn't we have the confidence to know that we are awesome? And that means you!
  • You are awesome for your individuality (I'm talking polka dots in a sea of white).
  • You are awesome for that talent of yours everyone admires.
  • You are awesome for that thing you do when you get nervous.
In short, you are awesomesauce on a platter!

And just to be clear, one person's awesomness has nothing to do with another person's awesomeness. We don't have to compare ourselves to anybody. No two people are the same (not even identical twins!). No two people will travel the same path in this life. And that is GOOD! Who would want to do exactly what someone else has done? Where's the adventure in that?

So remember, YOU ARE AWESOME!

When's the last time you reminded yourself how awesome you are?

18 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Just now!!

Awwww you're just so lovely! Yay! Take care
x

Peggy Eddleman said...

LOVE this. My favorite part: one person's awesomness has nothing to do with another person's awesomeness. :)

Slamdunk said...

Good stuff.

It is an easy then to overlook, but bringing a positive mental attitude to every endeavor translates into success.

Melissa Sarno said...

You are awesome Janet. :)

Colene Murphy said...

I think it's hard to remember you have to separate what makes you awesome from someone else. You know, not compare your awesomeness...es or it really screws up how you see others and yourself. Love this! YOU'RE awesome Janet!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

I have trouble believing it about myself - though no trouble finding awesomeness in others. You are awesome for reminding us to remind ourselves that we are awesome :) Thank you for the boost :)

Carrie Butler said...

You should get "JAN8IS2" (Janet is, too!) on yours and follow them around all day. ;)

Ruth Schiffmann said...

I love this post! And you are awesome too!! =D

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

No, you're awesome!
Okay, we both can be awesome.
Everybody is awesome!
I don't think I'd want to drive a car with that license plate, though. LOL! I don't have *that* much confidence. :)

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

You are awesome! What a great post!!! (I think we are wired to think less of ourselves than other people think of us.)

I love that my husband has a load of self confidence.

Ruth Schiffmann said...

Hi Janet,

I'm back to let you know that I gave you an award on my blog today.

http://outonalimbshywritergoessocial.blogspot.com

Connie Arnold said...

Awesome post, Janet! Thanks!

Kimberly said...

What an awesome post! I agree everyone has their own wonderful type of awesomeness.

Jemi Fraser said...

Not sure I ever have... but I'll try! I so agree that everyone's awesomeness is unique and wonderful! :)

JeffO said...

What a great message! Thanks for that!

Anonymous said...

I tell myself this every once in a while. I need to remind myself, or else I'll drown myself in work or wallow in stress and bad feelings.

Have a great week.

LTM said...

yep, UR AWSME, CUF. :D <3

The Pen and Ink Blogspot said...

Thank you, fellow awesome human.