Summer is officially over. The kids are back in school, the weather is cooling down, the summer frenzy is ending and the school one is beginning.
I planned so many times what I wanted to say on my "I'm back!!" blog post, but I'm not nearly as organized as I like to think I am. And whenever I tried to focus, the rush of it all filled my brain.
So the rush is what you get. Because so much happened this summer. SO MUCH! (and honestly, this is the abridged version):
- Moved to Oregon
- Entered my first ever county fair (with my awesome cinnamon twists)
- Won 2nd prize in the county fair (I thought this deserved its own bullet point)
- Made hand-shaken ice-cream with my kids (4th annual, baby!)
- Canned actual fruit (the lids sealed and everything!)
- Attended my first-ever crawdad cook-out (yep, they just lay it all out on the table)
- Painted a painting (can you tell which one's mine?)
- Spent time with family
- Joined the Sweet Sixteens debut author group
- Received and returned 1st edits (on time!)
- Wrote a dedication and an acknowledgments page (surprisingly hard!)
- Started a Facebook Author Page
- Became a "Goodreads Author"
- Discovered PB&J on a list of anticipated 2016 MG releases (!!!)
- Received my ARCs (still swooning!)
This Summer has been such a learning curve. I won't prattle on just yet about all the things I learned, but hopefully in the future.
In the mean time, what awesome things did you do this summer?