With WriteOnCon here this week, PLUS I'll be hosting scads of family for a family reunion, I had this brilliant idea (okay, I stole my brother's brilliant idea) for a fun way to still keep up with my blog.
So here's the deal---ever heard of Apples to Apples? This is just like that, only you don't get to draw cards. Here are the rules:
- Beginning Thursday, August 19, I will post a word on my blog each weekday.
- In the comments, you leave a word associated with my word. It can be funny, serious or whatever. (Just keep in mind that I am the judge, so you want it to be a word you think I would associate with the first word).
- At the end of two weeks, I will choose my three favorite entries for each post and award 3 pts, 2 pts. and 1pt. respectively. I will add up the points and choose three overall winners.
- You can vote on any of the posts until midnight EDT on Sunday, September 4.
- Anyone can play! If you want to follow or spread the word, great. But not required. However, if you don't think I have a way to contact you otherwise, be sure to leave an e-mail address (or something) just in case you win.
- I will announce winners sometime that next week. And YES, there will be prizes! Good ones.
-I write a word. Example: Keyboard.
-You write an associated word. Example: Letters; Typing; Music; Piano; Singing; Writing
-I choose my favorites.
-Three someones win a fun prize.
Easy? Easy. But if you have questions, feel free to ask.
During that time, I apologize that I won't be able to visit your blogs (can you say beach house?!!), or respond to your brilliant comments like usual (assuming you have an e-mail address connected to your profile), but thanks for visiting and good luck! I can't wait to read your pithy, hilarious, and overall genius responses!