Monday, May 27, 2013

Life of a Shiny New Idea (in pictures)

Once upon a time, a shiny new idea popped into my head, and I was like:
 

And to all my friends I was like, "Yeah, I got a shiny new idea.":


But then I had to think a lot:


And I was like, "I thought shiny new ideas came all assembled!":


But I wrote and I wrote until I was like:


And, "Squirrel!":


And "Oooh! Housecleaning!":


I was going to get back to it, but then I saw this book that looked MUCH more interesting than mine:


And wait, "Is that another squirrel?":


And then Darling Husband asked how my book was coming, and I'm like, "GET OFF MY BACK, I'll get to it!":


"I just really like housecleaning.":


And then I'm like, "What am I saying?":


"There are way better ways to waste my time!":


So how do ya'll stay on task?

11 comments:

Old Kitty said...

I don't!! Not while there are squirrels about! Hah!! And chocolate!! And Cats! LOL!

Awwwww - yay for your shiny new sparkly ideas!! Take care
x

mshatch said...

I just do because I have to. After all, no one else is going to write my story for me!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

You have just described my life, Janet :) Have fun with that idea, and don't' scrub too many toilets :)

Anonymous said...

LOL. I have trouble staying on task. : )

Angela Ackerman said...

Haha, I love it! So true!

Kate said...

If only I liked cleaning more than writing :) My family would be SOOOO happy!

Margo Berendsen said...

LOVE, love, luv, luuuuuuuuvvvvvv.

The toilet. The boy sprawled on the sofa. The barbie! the dinos! One of my all time favorite posts EVAH.

Margo Berendsen said...

And SQUIRREL!!!!!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! The last one made me burst out laughing. Nice post, Janet. I can definitely relate! (though your toilet is much cleaner than mine, so maybe I'm not procrastinating ENOUGH?)

Marcia said...

Haha, love it!

Rebecca said...

You Rock!!!