Thursday, January 5, 2012

This vs. That: The Grinch vs. Ebenezer Scrooge

First a quick note on the Chocolate-less Chocolate Chip Cookies. I read through all your votes and I was going to add them all up . . . but the double votes, and vote changes, and blah, blah, blah, and my head started pounding. Which is why I up and decided to use my dictatorship authority to choose.

SO . . . the new name for Chocolate-less Chocolate Chip Cookies is now:

Abomination Cookies

Because that's just funny. But I give a close second to Choc-less Chip Cookies, because how clever is that? I love me a good word-play! (Now I guess you all know that funny trumps clever over here . . .)

Anyway, on to the vote I think this was a record low for the number of votes on one of these, but I completely blame myself as I fell off the map for most of December. Or I could assume that the responsibility of the decision was just too much so no one voted.

Yeah . . .

That's it. ;)

Aaaand on to the results:

Total votes: 15 

How the Grinch Stole Christmas: 7 votes; 47%
A Christmas Carol: 8 votes; 53%

I love both of these, but ultimately I went with the Grinch because of the simplicity of it all. Being the simple person that I am . . . this story never fails to hit me deep down. Make me wonder how I'd react if all my stuff were stolen (uh . . . spoiler alert? But seriously, who hasn't read this thing or heard it in some form?). And on Christmas day no less! This book makes me want to be a better person.

Now, on to the next debate:

Resolutions

vs. 

No Resolutions

(So, I couldn't come up with a good picture for these, so just bear with me here. Boring to look at, but the debate is still just as real. Right?!)

19 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Yay for Christmas Carol!! Bah Humbug!!

LOL!!

I vote for no resolutions - only cos I'm lazy! LOL!

Happy 2012!!

Take care
x

Jess said...

Sorry I missed out on the Grinch vote!

I'm going for Resolutions, because at least that means intentions were there--making a resolution is a declaration that there's something you'd like to change or improve upon in your life. I think that the acknowledgement that you'd like to be a better you (through physical/mental/spiritual/etc. means) is a step toward being positive. I need a little more positive thinking in my life, so I'm going for Resolutions! Now, whether or not I stick with them...well, that wasn't included in the voting, right?

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

No resolutions! They only make you feel guilty and depressed when you don't achieve them :) No, I'm with Joanna from Ms. Marple's Musings who said you should have some goals as lightposts to guide your way (or something along those lines which she probably said better :))

Carolyn V said...

Abomination cookies! I love it! =)

I can't wait for the debate on resolutions. Should be interesting.

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I fell off the map for december as well, hence why I didn't vote. :) Hmm...
I'd have to say I vote for resolutions. New beginnings. Even if it only takes a few days to fall behind, I still think it's worth it, and it breaks up the monotony.

Anonymous said...

I like that Jim Carey played them both. Well, at least the voice of scrooge. What about the cookie monster? He's a pretty grumpy guy that could give both a run for their money.

Lenny Lee said...

hi miss janet! whoops! i missed that christmas one. ack! but for sure im doing the resolutions one. for me its no resolutions!!
happy new year!
...hugs from lenny

Anonymous said...

Resolutions sounds so hard! I like goals instead. So, I say no to resolutions!

A.L. Sonnichsen said...

Janet, I received your package and you should be getting something in your mailbox fairly soon. ;)

I am going with No Resolutions. I like to make goals for myself, but that's not just a yearly thing. I don't really think of the new year as turning a new leaf because I'm pretty happy on my old leaf ... LOL! I hope that doesn't sound like I'm happy in my rut. I guess I'm just content. :)

Have a wonderful 2012, my friend!

Elana Johnson said...

There is nothing as fun as the Grinch. And he changes so much! That's what I like.

As for resolutions or not, I say yes. It's always good to reflect and realize you need to do something better.

Melissa Sarno said...

It's funny, I don't do resolutions, but I am pro resolutions.

Stina said...

I'm not into resolutions. I make goals. Not that I always keep them. Things change. New ideas happen. But I don't feel guilty about that.

Anonymous said...

Oops, I meant Oscar the Grouch, not the Cookie Monster.

Shannon Lawrence said...

I never do resolutions, because I don't keep them, but I do goal setting, which works better for me. The goals aren't carved in stone, they tend to be smaller than a resolution, but they get me where I need to be.

Melissa Ann Goodwin said...

Just found you so I didn't get to vote, but it would have been A Christmas Carol, "God Bless us Everyone!" I set intentions, and I set goals. Resolutions are like dictators (though I do respect your dictatorship). Intentions are kinda sweet and more forgiving. Goals are motivating. I dunno. Ultimately I just decide to do stuff ... or not ...

Beth said...

I'll go with resolutions, but not of the New Year variety. Resolutions at any time of the year work for me!

Margo Berendsen said...

No resolutions. Granted, the res works great for January. After that, FAIL.

Choc-less is awesome!

MikeS said...

Any time a person wants to better him or herself, I'm for that. So I am voting for resolutions. (Not that I made any this year).

LTM said...

I've always been a "no resolutions" girl. But this year, I'm going with the resolution to shake things up a'la George Costanza. Bring me the tuna melt! I'm resolving to do everything the opposite. :D <3