Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Awards, Tags, and Stuff

Last Chance to enter my Kick-off Fiesta is today! Easy peasy contest . . . just go leave a comment on that post. You don't want to miss your chance to win some Willy Wonka chocolate which might hold a Golden Ticket! Entries end tonight, Wednesday, May 12 at midnight EDT.

So in other news, I have been inaugurated into the blogging world with my first award. Woo hoo! Lydia Kang gave me the Beautiful Blogger Award. Go check out her blog. She's a lot of fun, and she does a Medical Monday where she describes bizarre medical disorders (she's also a doctor). One of my favorite features!


So in the spirit of the award, I pass it on to:

Jessie Oliveros
B.J Anderson
Stephanie Thornton
Beth Revis
Laurel




And I was also tagged by Laurel to answer some questions. So here goes:



Where were you five years ago?
-Living in Kansas City where my husband had just finished his first year of medical school.
-One child (and I thought THAT was hard!)
-Attending my first SCBWI conference and getting my first manuscript critique from an editor (Let's just say that I haven't touched that ms since then).
-Joining my first critique group.

Where would you like to be in five years?
-Living closer to family with my husband OUT of residency and fellowships.
-Agented, published, and able to spend more time on writing.

What is on your to-do list today?
-Write this blog.
-Pick up my oldest from kindergarten.
-Take care of two cuties.
-Edit my almost-ready WIP.
-Critique some chapters for my critique group.

What snacks do you enjoy?
-Little Debbie's Oatmeal Cream Pies
-Cereal
-Cereal
-Cereal
-And wait, did I say cereal?

What five things would you do if you were a billionaire?
-Pay off student loans.
-Buy a house.
-Start a scholarship fund for my kids and extended family.
-Start a publishing company.
-Spend some time traveling and doing charitable work abroad.
-Boy, there's too many things to list, but I'd love to do payback within the writing community.

I pass this on to the following bloggers:
Tricia J. O'Brien
Noelle Nolan
Lynne
Becca Rogers
Karen Zupancic


So just looking at my crazy days . . . what would you do with a full day to yourself? And since we're most of us writers, let's assume we're NOT going to write. I think I'd go for a long walk. Maybe go visit some museums. Find a partner to play some tennis. Go shopping!

14 comments:

B.J. Anderson said...

Thank you so much for the award!! You are too sweet. :D And if I had a whole day to myself, I probably WOULD write, but since we have to choose something else, I'm going to say that I'd go for a really long run.

Stephanie Thornton said...

Thanks so much for the award! And congrats on receiving your first- yay!

So, what kind of cereal do you prefer? I used to love Cocoa Pebbles, but now I'm eating organic stuff- not so much processed food. So out went the cereal.

Becca Rogers said...

Thanks for the tag! :D I'll have to do these A-SAP. ;)

Courtney Barr - The Southern Princess said...

How I have not clicked follow on your blog up until now is a mystery!

I mean you are Royalty too! Princess Mommy! Love it!


I am excited to add you to my blogroll!

Visit My Kingdom Anytime

Shannon O'Donnell said...

Oooo, I love, love, love cereal! I could eat it for every meal and never get tired of it!

Congrats on your award! :-)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

Congrats on your first award (you are a beautiful blogger)!
And thanks for the tag. I will noodle those questions and toss out some answers soon. :D

Lydia Kang said...

Congrats on the award, well deserved!
Your five x five are great. I like the idea of giving back to the writing community!

Angela M. said...

OMG, SLEEP! That's what I'd do. That's what I want to do now. One hour of sleep last night!! I am a zombie...

laurel said...

Thanks for the award and for taking on all those questions! Cereal is an awesome snack, I agree.

Day to myself...I'd go out for coffee with friends, tackle a few disorganized closets, then have my youth group girls over for pizza and game night. That sounds about perfect.

Lynn said...

Congratulations on your first award. And your accomplishments over 5 years!

I'm not sure what Little Debbies are, but they sound very snackable.
Thanks for the tag. I'll be posting my answers with Thoughtful Thursday.

MissV said...

I haven't had a whole day to myself for years.

The last time, I started with a massage in the morning (had a gift certificate), got my hair done, then went shopping, to a movie, came home and cleaned the snot out of the house (figuratively speaking that is--we didn't really have any snot in the house). I could do that day again.

Noelle Nolan said...

Thanks for the tag. I'll have to make some time to squeeze these into my schedule.

Hope you have a great weekend!

Jen said...

I can't believe we have so many blog buddies and I've yet to make a visit over to your blog!! It's very cute!

Congratulations to all the winners! Congratulations on your award!

Aisyah Putri Setiawan said...


Banned complain !! Complaining only causes life and mind become more severe. Enjoy the rhythm of the problems faced. No matter ga life, not a problem not learn, so enjoy it :)

Obat Gairah Pria
Pengobatan Asma
Obat Insomnia Akut Terapi Susah Tidur
Kualitas Produk Greend World
Obat Pilek Menahun Pada Anak
Cara Menjaga Ginjal Agar Tetap Sehat
Obat Sembelit Dan Memperlancar BAB
Obat Penambah Sistem Kekebalan Tubuh
Suplemen Alami Penghilang Rasa Lelah
Obat Pembersih Ginjal Kotor Alami
Obat Meningkatkan Kekebalan Tubuh Pada Penderita HIV Atau Aids